I'm looking forward to days filled with hellos, and welcome homes, and I've missed yous.
Instead of goodbyes, and good lucks, and I'll see you soons.
I'm grateful for sleepovers, and lunch dates, and walks down memory lane,
And don't miss the heartache, the longing, and the fear of it never being the same.
I can't wait for the six solid weeks that I get to bear testimony, and be an example,
And become the inspiration for young teenage girls, just like my counselors were for me.
I'm excited for days filled with longboarding and laughing and the canyon air,
Instead of the library 4th floor study room, bony landmarks, and formaldehyde.
I'm counting down the days until I get to get on that plane, sitting next to my longest friend,
And go sing songs, and get dirty, and feel the sunshine kiss my cheeks, and not think about me.
I'm secretly so grateful that they're not going to Chicago, but only to PaloAlto,
So that I can plan road trips to go kiss those chubby cheeks and smell that baby boys head.
In a way, I'm grateful for a harsh goodbye, and for tears, and for the knot in my chest,
Because it proves that it wasn't all for nothing, but also that I've got so much to look forward to.
"Happiness is a direction, not a destination" & I'm defffinitely going in the right direction.
I am happy, life is good, and the sun is shining. I love today.
-Abbs.

1 comment:
I can't wait until there is one day this summer that you have free so we can go swimming at Seven Peaks.
Post a Comment