7.31.2011

Luana.


That's my grandma's name. It's Hawaiian and I think it is beautiful.
She is the greatest woman alive. She's lovely, sweet, and the best cook around.
She remembers everything and always asks about the details.
She has the most beautiful, softest hands. She doesn't like them, 
"Such old lady hands" she says. I love them.
She's talented, thoughtful, and always asks for hair advice.
She's one of my heroes, I hope to grow up to be just like her.
She's getting open-heart bypass surgery tomorrow.
Yesterday I asked her how she was feeling about it all. She said,

"You know, Abby, everything is going to be fine. 
Your Grandpa will take care of me. Those doctors, they know 
what they're doing these days. I'm really not worried, 
don't you worry either. Everything is going to go just fine."

Her faith is remarkable. Everything will be fine. She's such a trooper.

I love you, sweet Grandma.

love, abigail

1 comment:

Jesse and Laur said...

This is really sweet.

Love you, Abbs.