1.30.2013

Dear Steven.


Dear Steven: Thank you for making the drive to see me every other weekend and for obsessing in counting down with me throughout each week. I can't wait for Thursday nights when we don't have to say "tomorrow!" it will simply be today and here and now and every day.

Dear Steven: Thank you for always giving me five extra minutes when I ask you to wake me up from a nap and for doing so with a kiss on the forehead and stroke of my hair.

Dear Steven: Thank you for dancing for me over Skype when I'm stressed and studying and missing you. The giggle that turns into a full on laugh as I watch you shake your hips is the perfect remedy for a stressful night.

Dear Steven: Remember when the sun was our friend? I can't wait for endless summers together, of bike riding and kisses under a star lit sky and the 4th day of July. I'm so excited for your hair to lighten up a bit and turn the red that it was when I met you and eat otter pops on our front porch in bare feet.

Dear Steven: Isn't the word our exciting? Remember how we bought those beautiful dishes on Saturday, and how we bought 6 of each so that when we have company over to our house, we'll have enough for not just two, but four more friends.

Dear Steven: You're so incredibly handsome. It's ridiculous how many times I find myself looking at my phone screen, my laptop desktop, and pictures on my walls just give myself butterflies at the sight of your face.

Dear Steven: Thank you for being so good. When people ask me what initially drew me to you, without hesitation I say your goodness. It's a good-to-the-core sort of good and I'm thrilled that I get to be surrounded by your goodness for the rest of eternity.

Dear Steven: I can't believe you're mine. Sometimes I feel like I'm waiting to wake up from a dream because no way could this be real. I am the luckiest girl alive and can't wait to be your Mrs.

I love you to the moon and back, Steven Anthony.

Love, Abbs.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love you both :) And I miss you terribly. You too Steve-o. Your skype dates made my nights. COME VISIT!!!!!!!

Love,

Kimmy

KY W said...

Abby! I just found your blog. Your love letter to Steve brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you both.

Love you!
Kathryn

Elsha said...

adorable! you two are just darling. i cannot wait for this wedding. it is going to be breathtaking!

Brittany said...

Hi Abigail! Just found your blog and am following...you guys are such a beautiful couple and this post seriously made me tear up. So, so sweet!

funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars. This post is absolutely adorable. I can't get over how perfect you two are for one another. I love it!

today my way said...

What a beautiful post. I love every sentence. x

www.todaymyway.com

That Girl in Pearls said...

This is the sweetest post. How long are you two going to be living apart? I know that's not the easiest thing in the world... my husband has been travelling a lot over the past year and it can be brutal. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! That's so exciting. You sound like a beautiful couple :)

B.
That Girl in Pearls